Tuesday, November 8, 2011

OMG!!! I forgot my Garmin tonight... But I sucked it up and soldiered on! Even surprised myself!!!! Normally I act like I have forgotten how to run if I don't have my Garmin on my wrist. But tonight I really enjoyed my run. Didn't keep looking to check my pace or my mileage. Just ran what felt comfortable.
Ran down along San Diego Bay starting around the Star of India heading south. Checked out the America Cup boats that will race on the bay this coming week. Watched them crane this one into the water. French team. First pic is looking across the way at the other teams with the USS Midway in background.
Pretty cool to have the best in the world right here... Even if you're not that interested in sailing. Saw the Oracle teams, Koreans, Chinese and well... some other countries!!!!!

Anyways, back to running . I headed past the Midway. Did the fish Market loop then down through Seaport Village, Embarcadero loops and down to the Hilton and back up repeating the same back to the truck.
Felt really good and no anxiety attack about the lack of the Garmin controlling my run. Maybe I should run without it more. Well, I may have to think about that! But am feeling pretty good going into this weekends trail half. Rain and cold weather expected this Saturday in the LA area! Love it! Every trail race should have some rain or snow somewhere.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

At least you didn't forget your camera!!! : )) When I forget my garmin, I have this dire need to run a course that I've already recorded the mileage on.

By the way, I don't look much at my pace. Ever. : )

Seems like you're doing great Rich, glad you're back in the "game."